Sunday, July 22, 2012

more than a photograph...


In my last post, I attached the above photo...

It is of a house in Fitzroy (Melbourne) that I used to walk past a lot, and not take much notice of. However, late one afternoon in Autumn (just before sunset), the fading dusk light fell on the house's frontage - and suddenly, out of the corner of my eye its brightly painted yellow walls erupted into an intense blaze of dancing colour!! It lasted all of two minutes, the house seemingly afire... And all of the other houses in the street paled in insignificance, unable to compete with its primary, otherworldly glow.

I chose this house and photograph for my last poem as a metaphor. The woman I wrote the poem for has a smile like this... When she smiles (just for me), my world too erupts in a blaze of colour... And all the other houses  (smiles) will never, EVER come close to the way she radiates & makes me feel...

So, this is not a poem, just an insight into the photos I use on my blog. They are taken on a crappy little 2megapixel camera on my Nokia phone. I have dubbed it "Brent-O-Vision" as most of the time they are (very) low resolution, blurry, and
"how I see my world".

As well as the poems (for want of a better word) you'll find here, these photos have been chosen with care. If you are willing to see it, they have a story (poem) & narrative all of their own to tell...

Just a reminder, girl - You will always:
"Set this watersign on fire!!"

Brent M Harpur, 22nd July, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment