Wednesday, August 21, 2013

The Presence of Wonder (little strips of land)...


And yours; Yours was not the quake I was expecting. But none the less: Your smile & your hand in mine, brief as it was, they shook me to my very soles. You are gone now, but are only really as far away as these clumsy thoughts of mine, they are from thinking. These words, they are my message in a bottle for your shore alone.

And yours, yours were not the fingers I were expecting, I find them more beautiful than you'll ever know: Oh, to feel them tangled in my own again, and to taste that supernova afterglow. If you should feel the earth continue to tremor in your Northern Hemisphere, it is merely my heart learning to breath...

It is merely my heart
learning to make a shape from your absence.

And you have reminded me /
we are little strips of land
surrounded by the sea.
 
And braille,
it sometimes resembles starlight /
but perhaps (yet again)
I have that the wrong way 'round?
 
 
(c) Brent Harpur, 2013.

"Never lose hope, my heart, miracles dwell in the invisible." (Rumi)

"Always be on the lookout for the presence of wonder." (E.B. White)

(For E & M.)

No comments:

Post a Comment