Thursday, March 19, 2015

Uluru, Pt. 1...


ULURU...

Tear open my skies!!

In a sacred place where blood-like soil bleeds into my soles & soul, bless me with new eyes;

I am so small, so insignificant, a tiny grain of sand in an alien landscape...

I am so, so far from home, & yet: And yet I am home.

Home in the company of a friend & stranger I have known for fourteen days & a thousand years.

Home with a special someone who leads me without leading, who gives me so so much without giving.

A gentle, kindred flame wise beyond her years.

Who, like you, Uluru:

Gently tears open my skies, & offers me:

The sacred fires of poetry,
of nature,
of innocence & wisdom,
of trust...

And
LOVE.


(c) Brent Harpur 2015.


 "After nine days I let the horse run free / 'Cause the desert had turned to sea."
 (America, 'The Horse With No Name'.)

“I have always loved the desert. One sits down on a desert sand dune, sees nothing, hears nothing. Yet through the silence something throbs, and gleams..."
(Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)

No comments:

Post a Comment