Saturday, May 7, 2011

Orion Chase Sirius


eleven short years
have passed.

I am no longer
the failed astronomer...

I guess I am now the
unfailed
(er)
failed
failed astronomer.

thank you for the
BEST five months of my life.

(I am more afraid
of never seeing your smile again,
than I am of going blind)

these hands
that you once so lovingly admired,
they are now covered
in self-inflicted scars;

You pulled a loose thread
on my heart, girl
& have unwittingly
unraveled the stars.

& when I used to move
inside you,
you'd gently touch my face
& I'd close my eyes;

and in the darkness I'd see
a glimpse of eternity,
an expanding universe
of mystery:

& Orion chase Sirius
across
your moon-lit skies!!

***

I close my eyes,
wherever you are
your smile
will always burn inside me...

Like a fucken supernova!!

(c) Brent M Harpur, 2011.

"I like to think that the moon is there, even if I am not looking at it." (Albert Einstein)

No comments:

Post a Comment