Sunday, April 10, 2011

stars born of the same sky (Dec 4)


(i) These words are not to hurt you,
to mislead or confuse
They were written in the stars tonight
for my favourite muse.


(ii) I've felt the space between sun & star
seen snow fall on sandy beach
Know so little to have come so far
Your sweet eclipse just out of reach.

(iii) My life it is an open book
when I am with you I have nothing to hide
You touch my heart, steal it to a secret place
where the sun & moon collide.


(iv) And as the cells of this
borrowed cornea slowly die
the constellations, one by one,
they fade from view
May delight & desire
set your star on fire
for my love is blind but true.

(v) And in different beds
we may both lie
But I feel we may be...

Stars
born
of
the
same
sky.


(c) Brent M Harpur, 4th Dec 2010.


"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." (Anais Nin)

Footnote:
"I wrote this poem late last year, and it really did come from the deepest constellation in my heart. I am now attempting to put a tune to it,  so I can play it on the ukelele or piano. And the woman I wrote it for still makes my heart flutter, every time she smiles in my general direction. My life will never be the same again..." (Brent Harpur, 11 April 2011.)

No comments:

Post a Comment