Thursday, July 7, 2011

nothing of great value...


It is true,
I have nothing.
Nothing of great value
to offer this world...

So I will leave a trail of words.

Or perhaps
(since I met you)
one word will suffice.

These words were born
from the first time we kissed,
held hands
or walked arm in arm in public.

These words came from a place
where your hand
gently touched my face
as I moved inside you.

Starlight burns
in this fading cornea now,
igniting the room
from the inside out!!

I am born again,
from angry (yet fragile) fire
& trembling crescent moon.

Inside this slight frame,
(away from earthly view)
there is a heaven in these words.

And in this heaven, I have created:

Orion & Sirius are side by side.

There is only love & no fear.

Remember,
scorpions are loyal
& the best of friends.

And in these words,
there is a place where the secret un-uttered
language of lovers
effortlessly merges
with early morning birdsong
& crackle of tram spark.

I am alone now,
but I do not feel alone.

You are still with me:

In every step.
In every dream.
In every smile from a stranger
on public transport.

And since I met you:

Whenever I now
open my mouth to speak,
I will think first.
Think first and then
Let go of most of my clumsy vocabulary.

These words, they no longer matter.
I can say so much more
without speaking.

I discard the world's dictionaries,
and find true language & meaning
in silence.

The only word I will utter now
(with any
reverence,
effort
or necessity)
is...

"significant".



(c)Brent M Harpur, 2011.

"All our words are but crumbs that fall down from the feast of the mind." (Kahlil Gibran)

No comments:

Post a Comment