Saturday, November 12, 2011

11.11.11


if it
is indeed true
that we
forget what it is
we really want to remember

and remember
what we'd rather forget

then let me
write this down,

on today of all days,
so this ink
and
this paper
shall remember

long after I forget.

I remember...

blue paper butterflies
dancing in the tree,

mud cake & ice cream
melting in late afternoon sun,

a woollen picnic blanket,

your yellow dress,

you complementing my red shirt,

Oliver Jeffers,

a tiny bottle of bubbles

and the delight in discovering
why I hadn't bought you that book

finding another believer
in the (last) known Gospel
according to Theodore Geisel.

From afar,
wherever you are

on this very
auspicious day...

I wish you:

MANY

HAPPY

RETURNS.

(c) Brent M Harpur, 11/11/2011.

"So, be your name Buxbaum or Bixby or Bray
or Mordecai Ali Van Allen O'Shea,
you're off to Great Places!
Today is your day!
Your mountain is waiting,
So... get on your way!"
(Dr. Seuss)


No comments:

Post a Comment