Monday, August 6, 2012

belief...


I believe in you
and your art
so, so much!!

Today,
I put a book in the mail
to you.
It is one of your favourite artists...

I put some lavender in there,
a card,
some music,
my heart.

I trust that it finds its way to you.
And upon arrival,
hope that it
brings a smile to your face

until we see each other next.

And I hope that
Frida's work
will continue to inspire you,

remind you to
keep painting,
through the pain,
the fatigue,
the rejection,
the elation,
the joy...

&
never give up.

I believe
that one day,

maybe in a short lifetime
not long after our's...

A lovesick artist
will buy another artist
a book of
your art...

He'll post it to a girl in another city,
whose art has
stolen his heart,

in turn, hoping that it may
help to inspire her

(from a distance)

to keep creating
and to never, ever
give up.

That's why you have to keep going,
to keep painting,
to keep
dreaming & painting

with your eyes & heart wide open.

That's what your art will be
to someone else
one day.


This is not a poem.

This is what 
I truly believe.


(c) Brent M Harpur, 2012.

"As practice makes perfect, I cannot but make progress, each drawing one makes,
each study one paints, is a step forward." (Vincent van Gogh)

No comments:

Post a Comment