Wednesday, August 15, 2012

out of sight, but not out of mind...



I'm more scared of
  never seeing her smile again

  than I am of going blind.

(c) Brent M Harpur, 2012.

“I'm the Beast. You're the Beauty," he said. "It's all a story, isn't it?”
(Margaret Mahy, 'Maddigan's Fantasia'.)
Footnote:
This photo is a very close impression of how I see sources of light (with my very rare eye condition & complications) at night time. The blue ball in the sky is actually the moon. With the severe curving of my cornea (in my one sighted eye), street lamps get very sharp, pointed shafts (halos?) of light around them. This in turn makes my sight very poor walking towards an unnatural light source & better when they are behind me. I am delighted when (sometimes) my cheap camera on my phone captures my world and the way I see/perceive it.

No comments:

Post a Comment