Monday, April 20, 2015
Fifteen Things I Have Come to Realise, In Her Absence...
Fifteen things I have come to realise,
in her absence... *
* (in no partlcular order)
15. The Dr Seuss book 'Oh the Places You Will Go' will always sound best when read to you aloud & in an American accent.
14. When I eat mandarins, I get erotic thoughts.
13. Bruce Springsteen's 'Born to Run' album has become the unofficial soundtrack to my life.
12. Autumn is the most beautiful Season.
11. Kindred spirits & soul mates are generally not to be found on a crowded beach or in a noisy bar. **
10. When it comes to matters of the heart, I am a complete beginner.
9. Neil Gaiman and pumpkin soup cannot cure a bad case of "missing someone blues". However, they can come damn close.
(PS Patti Smith is the sexiest woman alive!!)
8. Even a chocoholic can get sick of chocolate.
7. Crickets & tree frogs can rival the beauty of birdsong.
6. When I grow up, I still want to be Han Solo.
5. Hand-written love letters from someone you love are the best thing in the entire Universe!!
4. Dragonflies have become more significant now than butterflies.
3. True friends allow you to feel sadness or disappointment. ***
2. Magic exists.
1.The Beatles were right: "Love is all you need."
** (unless the bar is hosting a poetry event.)
*** (or extreme homesickness.)
(c) Brent Harpur, 2015.
"Don't be satisfied with stories, how things have gone for others. Unfold your own myth." (Rumi)
"Just wrap your legs around these velvet rims & strap your hands across my engines." (Bruce Springsteen)