Wednesday, April 1, 2020

April Fool Lockdown Blues, Part One...


In these desperate times,
none of us (really) have anything to lose /
So much to gain, perhaps
and if we're really lucky, a distant muse?

And all of this ought to come as
no surprise :
Some of us will be reduced to ash,
scattered in wind
And others,
we will rise.

Try to stay strong, dear.
It won't be long, dear.
I close my eyes, think of you.
And if I'm thinking of you,
you're right here in my bubble with me, too.

In my mind, my heart
(on the other side of this ocean)
I can see that tiny spot - you know the one,
just behind your knees /
Like the wind I will gently blow on it
& find you humming,
like the re-appearing bees.

And when all this is over,
when all of this is through /
I'm going to try real hard
to find a way back to you. 


(-for a distant muse.)

(c)Brent M Harpur, 1/4/2020.


"Oh, that I could shrink the surface of the world,
  so that suddenly I might find you standing at my side."  Wang Chien


No comments:

Post a Comment