Sunday, April 5, 2020

This WaterSign would be more than content...


Here. Here, at a time when a lot of people in the world are frightened, dumbfounded, lost for words. I am thankful for the writers and the poets, whose outflowing of words, of wisdom; like water to cleanse and awaken us, they sate our thirst & moisten parched lips. I cast aside my umbrella, as a gentle, persistent rainfall brings our deserts and our gardens back to life again. Refilling our riverbeds and our lakes, helping us find our way back to the sea. I will add these mere droplets, tiny words of mine, to the universal ocean. And I will watch, with reverence and wonder, as the tides slowly rise. Today, for the first time since moving into my new home, I can hear the gasp, hiss and roar of the sea. Her ancient song, language and call, it enters me. I am soaked through, but born a-new. I feel her waves and her tide churn & froth deep inside me; healing me, healing the world. I am one. We are all one, with the flood. Tears & saltwater are now one & the same. I no longer wish to breathe underwater. I no longer yearn or learn to swim, dive or sail. No. In this new world we are hatching,
this Water-Sign would be more than content:

Just to breathe. And sigh.
Deeply, like the sea.
(-for W & H.)
(c)Brent M Harpur, 5/4/2020.

"In the thunder-crash / we're a million minds within a flash." Peter Gabriel, 'Here Comes the Flood'.
“Little islands are all large prisons; one cannot look at the sea without wishing for the wings of a swallow.” Sir Richard Francis Burton
“I am longing to be with you, and by the sea, where we can talk together freely and build our castles in the air.” Bram Stoker, 'Dracula'.

No comments:

Post a Comment