Friday, June 15, 2012

poetic response / you already were fire...

thank you for
reminding me

(from afar)

that: "I was a quiet flame

needing someone (or something)
to simply breathe on it."

I read
and re-read the words you wrote:

"You already were fire."

all I really know
(after forty three long / short years)

is that there are many
different kinds
of darkness
in this world...

Please don't leave me either,
should this
borrowed cornea

fail me (again).

It is true,
I cannot see you very well
from a distance

but I feel
your every presence
& your very essence,

in
everything I do,
everything I see
and
everywhere I go.

Thank you

for setting
my world on fire!!
(c) Brent M Harpur, 2012.


"Love is friendship set on fire!!" (Bruce Lee)

-For my only (distant) Muse.




No comments:

Post a Comment