Saturday, February 14, 2015

Valentines, Part One: a thousand years & ten days / bend the light...



And in different beds
we may both lie /
but I feel we may be
stars born of the same sky.

It's true:
We're like two stars in the
same evening sky,
separated by time and a lot of space /
May these words gently comfort you,
like some kind of interstellar embrace.

And can you still feel my fingers as they linger
in your hair? In the stars (I see behind closed lids)
I can still see your
blissful smile,
your glowing face.

And here, where you lay
mere days 
(or was it light-years) ago? /
I am still finding stardust
in all my
sheets & on my pillows.

Such a tender, sweet meeting
of two pairs of soft wet lips /
a beautiful cosmic collision
of our sacred sun & moon, eclipsed.

I still shudder, can you feel it?
This star is born anew /
and seeks your blaze
too!

Distance cannot diminish this passion
born of and from the very fiery core
of two
love-fueled suns
and twin 
flames.

Not when alone / together
we have blazed for

a thousand years and ten days.

Sirius,
believe it 
when I chase you across the heavens
and say:

"I love you."

Please look for me amongst the
constellations of Pisces & Scorpio.
I long
to once more fill you
with my cosmic, ancient fire!!

Bend the light with me...

And here, where you lay
mere days 
(or was it light-years) ago? /
I am still finding stardust
in all my
sheets & on my pillows.

I am still finding stardust
in all my 
sheets,

and on my pillows.


(c) Brent Harpur, 2015.

"Wherever the wings of love take me, that is my flare path and my way."
(Diane Cilento)

"To love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides."
(David Viscott)

"Doubt thou the stars are fire;
Doubt that the sun doth move;
Doubt truth to be a liar;
But never doubt I love."
(William Shakespeare)



 


 

 
 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment