Thursday, October 11, 2012

solitary clocktower glow...

 
There's a girl I know
who lives at the top of a rainbow.
 
I offer her a
solitary clocktower glow
 
and some mid-summer snow.
 
And in some dreams
I remember
 
from night,
 
in her presence I am blessed
with perfect sight.
 
For when she smiles
that
(better than chocolate)
smile...
 
I know
 
"everything's going to be alright".
 
Yeah,
I just know
 
everything is going to be all right.
 
***
 
When I close my eyes now,
 
I can still feel my entire self
(from fingertips to soul)
 
moving
 
inside her.
 
 
(c) Brent M Harpur, 2012.
 
"I don't wanna fight! I don't wanna fight!! I'm a lover, lover, lover!!!" (Mike Campbell)
 
"Is this how it feels...? Is this how it feels...? Is this how it feels... To find love?"  (Don McGlashan, 'the Muttonbirds'.)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment